Envato is one of the leading marketplaces where thousands of creatives meet entrepreneurs, designers, developers, freelancers, and directors. Beyond the multimedia departments, there are educational sections that teach people how to create websites, videos, apps, graphics, and more.
- We Help anyone learn WordPress
- We help marketers build landing pages
- We help designers create websites
- We help developers learn new skills
- We help anyone learn to code
- We help founders create logos
- We help entrepreneurs create mobile apps
- We help directors add music to film
Envato is based in Melbourne, Australia, but people all over the world participate in the community.
Among their clients, you’ll find TheNextWeb, The New York Times, BRW.
- WordPress (524 themes & plugins). Refine your search by category, properties (responsive, retina-ready), compatibility (visual composer, WooCommerce, WPML, Cornerstone, Layers WP, Gravity Forms, Bootstrap and more), popular, new.
- Photos (business, city, wedding, beach, travel, food, medical, fitness, car, beer, fashion, office, computer, coffee, sports, family, construction, technology, spa, water). You can further refine your search in each department using their tags, orientation (landscape, portrait, square), background (isolated, blurred), colors
- Graphics – Refine your search by category (backgrounds, textures, vectors, patterns, icons, objects, illustrations), applications supported (Photoshop, illustrator, Sketch, Affinity designer), properties (vector, layered, tileable), popular, new. Total number of items 12,000.
- Add-ons – Refine your search by category (actions and presets, brushes, layer styles), applications supported (Photoshop, illustrator, Lightroom), popular, new. Total number of items 941.
- Fonts – Refine your search by category (serif, sans-serif, script and handwritten, decorative), spacing (normal, monospace, condensed, expanded), optimum size (large, small, condensed, any size), properties (web font), popular, new. Total number of items 2,600.
- Graphic templates – Refine your search by category (print, product mockups, websites, UX, UI, infographics, logos, scene generators), color space (RGB, CMYK), orientation (landscape, portrait, square), applications supported (Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, Sketch), properties (vector, layered), popular, new. Total number of items 21,000.
- Presentation templates – Refine your search by applications supported (Keynote, Powerpoint), popular, new. Total number of items 2,000.
- Web templates – Refine your search by category (admin, email, site, landing page), properties (responsive, retina-ready, PSD files included, Sketch files included), popular, new. Total number of items 1,400.
- CMS templates – Refine your search by category (Drupal, Instapage, Joomla, Magento, Muse, OpenCart, PrestaShop, Shopify, Unbounce, Ghost, Tumblr), properties (eCommerce ready, responsive, retina-ready, PSD files included, Sketch files included), popular, new. Total number of items 739.
- 3D – Refine your search by popular, new, featured, Total number of items 15,000.
Update – June 28, 2016
2 new departments added
- Video Templates – Categories: broadcast packages, elements, infographics, logo stings, openers, product promo, titles, video displays. Applications supported: After effects, premiere pro, apple motion, final cut pro. You can additionally refine your search by resolution. Total number of items 1,589
- Stock Videos – Categories: Stock footage, motion graphics. Refine your search by resolution. Frame rates: 23.98 fps, 24 fps, 25 fps, 29.97 fps, 30 fps, 60 fps, 60 fps, more than 60 fps. Refine your search by length. Properties: Alpha channel, looped. Total number of items 60,750.
Update – Nov 14, 2016
2 new departments added
- Music – Categories: Music tracks, logos & idents, background vocals, vocal samples, instrumental, lead vocals, male vocals, female vocals, no vocals, very slow, slow, medium, upbeat, fast, very fast, looped, P.R.O. Total number of items 6,598
- Sound Effects – Categories: Game sounds, transitions & movement, domestic, human, urban, nature, futuristic, interface, cartoon, industrial, sound packs, button menus, misc, looped. Refine your search by length. Total number of items 75,696.
EnvatoElements comes with an ongoing subscription. When you subscribe you unlock all the 470,000 web, design, and stock assets.
The price is $33/month, or $198/year = $16.50/month. You save 50%.
The monthly subscription does not give you access to the WordPress themes and plugins. You have access to all the other departments. The yearly subscription unlocks all the items. You can cancel anytime.
Update June 01, 2018: Now the monthly subscription gives access to the WordPress themes and plugins as well.
Another important element is that new items are being added continuously, approximately 4,000 items per week.
The Elements subscription gives you Free access to the EnvatoTuts+ platform (1000+ courses and 240+ eBooks). see below
EnvatoElements makes it very easy. There’s only one license for all the items included in the monthly subscription. You get broad commercial rights.
Each time you download an item, you get an ongoing license for a single, specified use. Want to use an item again? No problem! Visit your downloads and simply register it again for a different end use.
Some common-sense limitations do apply, as set out below:
- You can’t re-sell, or re-distribute items;
- You can’t use items in on-demand services; and
- You generally can’t use items as the basis for merchandising. For example, printing a logo from Elements straight onto a T-shirt is not allowed.
If you unsubscribe, you can’t use items from Envato Elements anymore. But any existing uses that you registered are still covered.
For the full terms and conditions details visit the license page
You can get help by selecting a topic:
- Licensing and using items
and by visiting the forums, the blog, popular articles, the FAQ, or by submitting a request.
Becoming an author
Envato Elements offers a new approach to sell high-quality Photos that makes it available to subscribers (customers) via an ongoing subscription plan, whilst supplementing earnings with individual photo licenses sold on PhotoDune.
Authors to Envato Elements share in 50% of the net revenue from subscriptions.
To become a Photos Author on Elements, it all begins with a portfolio submission.
They need to get a sense of your style and creative point of view.
For now, authors are being hand-picked by their content experts
Key Selection Criteria include:
- A consistent and high-quality photo portfolio
- Significant initial volume and/or the ability to upload 50+ photos/month
- Authenticity: Natural light, real people & real expressions, fresh perspective, customizable
Additionally, they run a separate priavet forum for authors.
They are hiring. Benefits highlighted:
- Work from anywhere
- Work and travel
- Flexible hours
- Paid parental leave
- Purchasing leave
- Social events
- Wellness program
- Mentoring program
- Visit Melbourne subsidy
- Office space
- Data analytics specialist – BI – Melbourne
- Data science analyst – Melbourne
- Development operations engineer & elements – Melbourne
- Development operations engineer – Platform team (Q-branch) – Melbourne
- Development team lead – Melbourne
- Finance business partner – Melbourne
- Junior SEM specialist – 6 months contract – Melbourne
- Paid acquisition manager – Melbourne
- Paid growth strategist – Melbourne
- Ruby developer – content group – Melbourne
- Ruby developer – conversion – Melbourne
- Ruby developer – customer group – Melbourne
- Ruby developer – platform group – Melbourne
- SEM specialist – Melbourne
- Social media acquisition specialist – Melbourne
- Social media specialist – Melbourne
- Talent acquisition specialist – Melbourne
- UX designer – Melbourne
- Web analyst – Melbourne
Envato Tuts+ helps you learn creative skills and shape the life you want.
As part of Envato’s creative ecosystem, Envato Tuts+ contributes to the mission of “helping people learn and earn online”. People transform themselves and their lives by learning creative skills and earning money selling their creations or services to the world.
Whether your day job is creative or not, life is better when you learn and apply creative skills regularly. To do this is satisfying in its own right and a practical investment in your future.
Their unique approach:
- Self-directed learning
- Creative skills for all
- A world of opportunity
From humble beginnings in 2007 with some tutorials on freelancing and Photoshop, they expanded to a network of 15 educational blogs, each with their own brand, website, and editorial team. In 2011 Envato Tuts+ Premium was added, with subscription-based access to video courses, eBooks, and more. In 2014 they combined all 16 sites into one big friendly place, Envato Tuts+.
Today Envato Tuts+ is a leading publisher of online tutorials and courses for self-directed learners to develop creative skills.
1000+ video courses, 240+ eBooks, no ads on all 24,000+ tutorials. If you subscribe to EnvatoElements you have free access to the Tuts+ platform.
Separately the Tuts+ platform costs $29/month.
Design, illustration, web design, code, photo, video, business, and more.
A Book Apart, Smashing Magazine, and many more publishers.
Customize your projects with:
Photos, fonts, icons, backgrounds, graphics, illustrations, web templates, add-ons, product mockups.
Popular on Tuts+ (examples)
- 10 essential design tips in Adobe illustrator
- How to build a WordPress portfolio website in 1 hour
- How to create an online store with Shopify
- Modern Javascripfundamentalsls.
- Mastering logo design in Adobe Illustrator
- Creative typography
- PHP fundamentals
- HTML basics
- How to create an animated watercolor photo reveal for Instagram stories in Photoshop
- How I learned to stop worrying and love the capitalization tool
- Transitioning from Adobe illustrator to Affiniti Designer
- 22 modern and unique wedding invites
- WordPress plugin development cookbook – 2nd edition
- Python microservices development
- Mastering Drupal 8
- Expert Angular 4
- Bootstrap 4 – responsive web design
- Android wear projects